Katie Thompson is a Missouri-based licensed professional counselor, nationally certified with an additional certification as an eating disorder specialist through the International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (IAEDP).
She has been practicing for over a decade as a psychotherapist. In that time, she has served in a variety of settings including:
- community mental health patient therapy
- residential services in the foster care system
- inpatient hospital settings and
- residential and PHP Eating Disorder treatment
As a clinician, she is trained to treat:
- eating disorders, specialty in Binge Eating Disorder
- anxiety disorders, OCD
- PTSD/complex trauma
- attachment disorders
- mood disorders
- self-injurious behaviors
- process addictions
- family conflict
- specific phobias
In addition to being a Certified Eating Disorder Specialist, she is trained in several treatment modalities including:
- Internal Family Systems (Level 2)
- Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP)
- Schema Therapy
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Eating Disorders (CBT-E)
- Attachment Therapy
- Sensate Focus
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
She uses a direct and honest approach coupled with compassion to help guide clients into the journey of recovery and healing. As a former school teacher, she utilizes years of experience with children and families as a guide when she steps into the role of family therapist.
Her mission as a therapist is to help clients peel back the layers of protection and defenses that have kept them from living the life he or she wants and guide them in the process of living a balanced and purpose-driven life.
When not in the consultation room, Katie spends professional time lecturing at regional and national conferences on eating disorder recovery, trauma, anxiety disorders and recovery interventions or supervising provisionally licensed therapists.
To schedule an appointment, please call: +1.314.288.0498.